Tuesday, July 11, 2006

go on, girl, getcha wobble on

With a tip o’ the lid to [cream] for the idea, my “current” list. I lack her mad formatting skillz, as well as the motivation to figure it out, so I apologize for how craptacular this looks.

Books

*No Touch Monkey! by Ayun Halliday
*Superstud, or How I Became a 24-Year-Old Virgin by Paul Feig (the funniest damn book I've read in forever; it must be read by chronic masturbators and geeky adolescents of all ages)
*Swamp Thing: Reunion by Alan Moore

Songs

"Soldier in a Box" by Hot Hot Heat
"Samson" by Regina Spektor
"Angel of Love" by CHAM (I’m so glad I found my Perfect Blue soundtrack; this track is essential for any hardcore J-pop fan)

To Buy List

*G's birthday present
*Shaving cream
*More black shirts (because I can never have enough black shirts)
*Black flats

Happy Things

*I have a massage tonight
*Three birthday celebrations in one week = lots and lots of dessert. Sweet, sweet dessert.
*G’s nephews gave me (unprompted) hugs when they left on Saturday

Not-So-Happy Things

*How the ever-lovin’ fuck am I going to be 35?
*Still worried about my brother
*Sad for my friend B, who just had a miscarriage
*My room is dusty and messy, and needs to be cleaned forthwith, but...
*...It’s too damn hot out
*My computer is acting up
*My iPod is acting up too, so I had to take my old, clunky Discman on my morning walk. Christ, I might as well have carried a gramophone on my fucking shoulder.

Sportin’

*Black shirt
*Black ruffly skirt with white floral print
*High-heeled mary janes
*White gold and diamond ring
*Miss Marisa perfume

The Best Movie I’ve Seen (So Far) This Year

Hard Candy

The Best Novel I’ve Read (So Far) This Year

Lost and Found by Carolyn Parkhurst

The Best Non-Fiction I’ve Read (So Far) This Year

Okay, this one is a toughie; I’m torn between Devil in the Details by Jennifer Traig and Self-Made Man by Norah Vincent.

Most Anticipated Books

*The Ruins by Scott Smith
*Lisey’s Story by Stephen King
*Sweet Valley Heights by Francine Pascal, which catches up with the Sweet Valley gang as adults and promises to be campy, trashy, dishy fun. Where the HELL is it?!? I read about this in BUST ages ago!
*Triptych by Karin Slaughter

Most Anticipated Movies

*Clerks 2
*Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest
*Little Miss Sunshine
*Pretty Persuasion (DVD)
*Cache (DVD)