Wednesday, February 21, 2007

have you never been mellow

Stolen from all over the flim-flamming place:

1. Put your music player on shuffle.
2. Press forward for each question.
3. Use the song title as the answer to each question.

Okay, this wound up being really funny. I swear I didn’t skip ahead to ensure an appropriate answer; the only ones I skipped were untitled tracks and classical pieces.





What does next year have in store for me? “Theme from the X-Files” by Mark Snow. Oh dear…

What does my love life look like? “Supermodel” by Juliana Hatfield. Keep your zombie hands OFF my man, you skinny-ass Vogue bitches!

What do I say when life gets hard? “Puke + Cry” by Dinosaur Jr. Okay, now that’s just eerie. I may not say it, but that’s pretty much what I do. Well, that, sleep, and mainline sugar.

What do I think of when I get up in the morning? “Oh Yeah” by Yello. Um, no.

What song describes my significant other? “Gee Angel” by Sugar

What is my state of mind at the moment? “Work Is a Four-Letter Word” by The Smiths. Seriously, this is beginning to freak my shit out.

How will I die? “Candy Pop in Love” by Tommy February6. What does this mean? Will I meet my death like Augustus Gloop, drowning in chocolate in Willy Wonka’s factory?

The song that will be played at my funeral: “Light My Fire” by The Doors. Did I mention this meme is beginning to scare me? How does iTunes know that I want to be cremated?

The song I’ll put as the subject: “Have You Never Been Mellow” by The Olivia Project

The song that describes my friendships: “Beercan Boy” by Pansy Division. Why, yes, when I think of my friends, a song about a man with an enormous penis immediately springs to mind!

The song that describes what this summer will be like: “Terror in the Depths of the Fog” from Silent Hill 2. Wow, do I not like this answer.

The song that describes what people think of me: “And I Am Telling You I’m Not Going” by Jennifer Hudson. So when you guys think of me, it's as a curvy black diva? I'll accept that.

The song that describes how I did in school: “Never There” by Cake. Not true! The only time I ever played hooky was in the fifth grade, and I got in such big-ass trouble that I never did it again. (Well, not until college.)

The song that describes my job: “Sanctuary” by Hikaru Utada. Um, no.

The song that describes my personality: “Rolling Along” by Lucinda Williams

I'm so glad "Date Rape" by Sublime and “Teenage Whore” by Hole didn't show up for any of these.