Tuesday, November 02, 2010

how does lemur skin reflect the sea?

I don't think I can fully commit to NaNoJoMo because November is kind of a busy month for me, but I'll try to write every day. I cannot promise coherence, entertainment, and/or enlightenment, however.

When I can't think of an entry title, I'll use a song lyric from whatever's playing in my head or on my iPod. Today's title is from "Velouria" by The Pixies.






So today I had this big e-mail war with my boss, because she wants me to take on a project of epic suckitude, and tomorrow morning we have a meeting that's sure to be delightful! In her final e-mail of the day, she basically ripped me a new one. The skin will probably eventually grow back, but right now it's so tender.

So, so tender.

After work, I walked over to a nearby shopping mall and got my eyebrows done. Waxing: the aesthetic equivalent of cutting! The giggly technician made me hold a hand mirror up by my face so I could see what she was doing, and it kind of ooked me out because it reminded me of the Trinity Killer in season 4 of Dexter. I couldn't see anything without my glasses on, so I just kind of grunted every few seconds until she was done.

Afterwards, I went to Pick Up Stix and ordered lemon chicken to go. They make everything fresh, so it takes forever, but their lemon chicken is the second best I've ever had and I was craving its sweet solace. I barely even noticed the wait because I had my DS in my purse, and I played Crafting Mama while I waited.

...stop laughing. I LOVE those Mama games. They're very soothing. Crafting Mama is nowhere near as good as the Cooking Mama games, but goddamn it, I was down and I needed to hear Mama say "You did a great job!" when I handed her the scarf I'd just made.

Appropriately enough, that game makes me want to start crafting. I may hit up Michaels tomorrow after work and see if anything strikes my fancy.

My cookie had no fortune in it.

Nice metaphor, universe.