Wednesday, December 12, 2012

now I'll never be a swimsuit model

Well, it's official:  I have to have my gallbladder out. 

My doctor wanted to get me in ASAP to get it taken care of, since the stones are so big they're causing nearby organs to act up (hence the "liver derangements"...a term I rather enjoy because it makes my liver sound like a kooky spinster aunt that lives in the attic of a Victorian mansion and dresses up kittens in frilly dresses and makes them attend her pretend wedding to the groundskeeper that broke her heart when she was a girl).  But I can't say as I wanted surgery for my Christmas present, so I'll be getting it early next year.  I have yet another appointment on January 3rd, so I'll know more after that.

It was a lot easier to be brave when there was still a chance it might not come to this.