Tuesday, October 21, 2014

the Proust questionnaire

(Taken from the back page of Vanity Fair)

What is your idea of perfect happiness?  Being with G-Vo, just snuggled up on the couch watching a movie or playing video games, with pizza or popcorn and an ice cold Coke Zero.

What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?  The tendency to assume the worst about everyone.

What is the trait you most deplore in others?  Rudeness.

What is your greatest extravagance?  Magazines.

What is your favorite journey?  Any road that leads me to G-Vo.

What do you consider the most overrated virtue?  Patience.

On what occasion do you lie?  To spare someone else's feelings. 

What do you dislike most about your appearance?  I can't decide between my eyes, my hair, or my belly.

Which living person do you most despise?  I don't know for sure if he IS still alive, but if he is, the doctor on call who was so horribly callous when my mom fell down and couldn't get up again.  Sorry we woke you up for what turned out to be a fucking SPINAL TUMOR, you disgusting piece of maggot-ridden pig shit.  I hope he dies/died in great agony.

Which words or phrases do you most overuse?  "Fuck" and its many permutations.

What is your greatest regret?  That I wasted so many years giving a shit what others think about me.  I still want people to like me, of course, but if they don't, as long as they're not rude or mean to me, so fucking what?  There's a handful of people whose opinions of me I care about; there are billions whose opinions I don't.  It's very freeing.

What or who is the greatest love of your life?  G-Vo, of course. 

When and where were you happiest?  Whenever and wherever I'm with G-Vo.  If you want a non-boyfriend related answer, then I'd say sitting on a bench in Kyoto, watching geisha stroll by as cherry petals fluttered through the sky like fragrant snow.  I was actually in tears because I was so happy to be witnessing such beauty for myself.

Which talent would you most like to have?  I really wish I could draw.

What is your current state of mind?  Lazy.

What do you consider your greatest achievement?  Becoming completely independent.  I knew I was an actual grownup on the day I started paying all of my own bills and killing my own damn spiders.

If you were to die and come back as a person or thing, what do you think it would be?  A cat.

Where would you like to live?  I'm pretty happy here in Southern California, though that opinion is subject to change the second the Big One hits.

What is your favorite occupation?  I don't know whether they mean job or pastime here, so I'll go with the latter and say reading. 

What is your most marked characteristic?  I like to flatter myself by thinking I'm pretty funny.

What is the quality you most like in a man?  A sense of humor and intelligence.

What is the quality you most like in a woman?  A sense of humor and intelligence.

What do you most value in your friends?  Love, trust, humor, intelligence, loyalty. 

Who is your favorite hero of fiction?  Batman.

Who are your heroes in real life?  My brother, because even though he's been dealt a shitty hand in life, he never, EVER gives up striving for better.

What are your favorite names?  Obviously I will never have children, but if I had a daughter, I would name her Claire or Ellie in honor of my two favorite video game characters (from assorted Resident Evil games and The Last of Us respectively) in hopes that she would inherit some of their best qualities:  smart, tough, funny, and always protective of those who need it.  (Plus I like those names anyway.)

What is it that you most dislike?  Rudeness, disloyalty, intolerance, onions, people with no sense of humor, spiders.

How would you like to die?  In my sleep, just after midnight on July 18th, 2071.