Thursday, November 20, 2008

Jesus tapdancing Christ on a cracker!










Okay, so I wanted to post that picture, but I really am irritated right now. Nothing colossal, just a bunch of little things that have all collected into one big clump of ass.

Worse than the irritating...I was in Kohl's tonight to buy a giftcard for my brother for Christmas, and I saw a woman who looked so much like my mom that I felt like I'd been punched in the gut. You know that science class experiment where you put a chicken bone in a jar of vinegar and leave it for a couple of days, and then you take it out and can actually bend it? My knees felt like that. I actually had to grab onto a shelf of Dockers because I thought I might fall.

The woman started walking towards me, and up close she didn't look so much like my mom. She was about ten years younger than my mom would have been, and she was speaking Spanish, and she had a flinty look in her eyes. I guess when you want to see someone badly enough, you start conjuring them out of thin air, an oasis made of hope instead of water.

This is a tough time of year for me, and it always will be.

I just need to get away.