Tuesday, May 24, 2011

making a jackass of myself

So I was at Bristol Farms on my lunch break, and when a guy walked past me pushing a shopping cart, I did a double take. I gathered up my courage, nervously sidled up to him, and said, "Excuse me, are you Phil Margera?"

"Yes, I am," he said, smiling politely.

"Oh my god!" I burst out. "I love Jackass! It's a total honor to meet you!"

He seemed startled, but shook my hand and said, "Thank you very much. I have to say, you're not the type of person who ordinarily recognizes me!"

I shrugged and said, "Who, me? Beneath this boring old insurance lady exterior beats the heart of a woman who enjoys watching your son superglue a little person to your chest."

...okay, I didn't say that part, but I sure wish I had. Instead, I laughed and wished him a good day and went on my way.

The rest of my day is going to be totally anticlimactic.