Monday, July 24, 2006

your weird is my normal

I done been tagged! Here are six weird things/habits about myself. I don’t know how weird they really are, but that’s because I’m used to them. Your mileage may, of course, vary.




*One of my biggest pet peeves is when an obviously closed store has their “OPEN” sign showing. Seriously, I am driven to frothing rage when I see this. If it’s one of those signs that you have to flip over, then I am marginally less irritated, since I can imagine forgetting to turn it over in the rush to get the fuck out the door. If it’s a neon sign, though, all bets are off.

*If a song I like comes on the radio, I point at the radio and go “Oooh!”

*I read my library books in alphabetical order by title, unless there’s one that I’ve been dying to read, in which case that one obviously comes first. I’m not THAT OCD.

*Along the same lines, when I go to Borders and grab my usual teetering stack of magazines, I read the weekly ones first, and in alphabetical order, followed by the monthly ones, also in alphabetical order. For example: Newsweek, People, Star, Time, Us, and then Bust, Glamour, Playstation Monthly, Self.

*I always seem to look at the clock at exactly 3:33, whether it’s AM (assuming I’m up) or PM.

*Despite my unbelievable sweet tooth, I don’t like fudge.




I have today off work because of my AWA schedule, and I decided to head over to Borders, buy The Devil of Nanking (yes, I've already read it, but I've decided that I want my own copy because it's one of my ten favorite books of all time), whip through a stack of (alphabetized, bien sur) magazines, and luxuriate in air conditioning that I don't have to pay for.

Anyway, so I grabbed my reading material and bought a bottle of water at the cafe, and I sat down to read. I was frowning at a particularly ugly dress in In Style when a guy came over and said, "Excuse me, can I ask you something?"

"Um, sure."

"Do you want to buy a MAC lip pencil?"

"No thank you."

"It hasn't been used or anything. I'll let you have it for $10."

"That's okay."

"Okay, thanks." He walked away, and I assumed he was going to hit up another table, but no, he sat down at a table and began pecking away at his Sidekick.

WTF? Do I just magically attract freaks?