Friday, October 27, 2006

foodgasm

Thin slices of kobe beef cooked over a hot river stone + jasmine rice + a Flirtini + Hot Monkey Love (deep-fried Snickers on a stick with vanilla bean ice cream) = me, rolling around on the floor and moaning.

My fortune cookie read: "It's time to change doctors." I ain't ultra superstitious, but man, if Daddy-O had gotten that one, I'd have freaked something fierce.

I'm not sure why I wrote this. I have to lie down now.




MORNING AFTER EDIT: This was at Chino Latino, by the way; you can see their menu here. The drinks aren't listed, so I can't tell you for sure what was in my Flirtini, but I think it was champagne, vodka, and pineapple juice. It was pretty damn strong, and I was still feeling it at the time I wrote the above, so yeah.

Also, that seriously was my fortune; Chino Latino has snarky fortune cookies. G-the-Fiancee's said "Closets are for clothes, girlfriend!"

Oh! Earlier in the day, I also had blue moon ice cream. Oh yeah, baby. On the rare occasions that I'm able to find it, I always ask the clerk what flavor it's supposed to be, since nobody can tell me. I've heard everything from "a twist on tutti frutti" (no) to "minty" (definitely not) to "the milk that's left over after a bowl of Froot Loops" (closest so far, but still not quite right). This one scrunched up her nose and said, "Kind of lemony almondy?"

It's a mystery, Charlie Brown.

So yeah, nothing else has really happened other than getting my gorge on. (Hey, I kind of have to, since I'm sure my appetite will decrease the closer we get to the surgery. And just to reassure you, G, when we stocked up on groceries, I didn't get any junk food, and I even bought applesauce, even though it physically pained me to do so.) There were lots of things around the house that needed my attention: askew window treatments, a shower curtain that was falling off its hooks, a printer that needed to be loaded with paper, a VCR clock that needed setting. I did all these things, and Daddy-O said, "Thanks, little Ro. We just kind of fell apart without you here."

::PANG::