Monday, July 16, 2007

weekend six

1. For C’s birthday, we went to Kate Mantilini’s, a lovely restaurant in Woodland Hills. I had a Willie Wonka martini followed by a filet mignon sandwich and, for dessert, chocolate-covered cheesecake on a stick. At one point, I laughed so hard that I got tears---and Great Lash---in my eyes, and I ruined one of their nice cloth napkins with mascara stains. Oops.

2. On Saturday, my move from the Merry Mansion to the new place was complete. Because we had six people helping, and the use of three cars and a truck, it only took about an hour. My friends for the win!

3. G won two tickets to the John Williams concert at the Hollywood Bowl. When the theme to Star Wars began, the pungent smell of nerdjizz filled the air.

4. G and I went to Casa C yesterday so he could hook up my VCR, hang up a picture, and put together my bedframe. When he was done, I made my bed with the pretty purple comforter I’d just bought, and we stood back and admired our handiwork. There’s still much to be done, but it’s coming together nicely.

5. We saw Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix last night. It was by far my least favorite of the books, so I didn’t have high hopes for it, but it was pretty good.

6. This morning, I was getting ready for work when I heard G say, “Oh my freakin’ GOD.” I trotted downstairs, and he said, “I just took the lid off this new tub of cream cheese and it looked like this!"






“Holy crap,” I breathed. “Too bad it didn’t look like the Virgin Mary instead, or we could have made a fortune on Ebay!”