Monday, March 03, 2008

I'm a sucker for a good meme - now with answers!

Rules
* Pick 15 of your favorite movies.
* Select one quote from each film.
* Post them and let your readers guess where the quotes came from.
* No cheating!

Damn, you guys are GOOD! The only two that nobody got were #10 and #13.




1. Don't you just want to feel that cozy little box grip down on your johnson? (Sideways)
2. You killed my father, and you stole my elephant! (The Protector.)
3. I like Coke. I miss my mom. I'm scared of a lot of things. (Chuck and Buck)
4. All right, I admit, he can be pretty funny on occasion. Like that time we stayed up all night drinking apple schnapps and playing Tekken 2. (Shaun of the Dead)
5. We have a whole life to live together, you fucker, but it can't start until you call me! (Me and You and Everyone We Know)
6. All of junior high sucks. High school is better, it's closer to college. They'll call you names, but not as much to your face. (Welcome to the Dollhouse)
7. Hey, try not to suck any dick on the way through the parking lot! (Clerks)
8. After my divorce from Luther I scraped by with baby-sitting gigs and odd jobs - mostly the jobs we call blow. (Hedwig and the Angry Inch)
9. That's the one good thing about Paris: there's a lot of girls willing to take their clothes off. (Titanic)
10. I miss Mom's chocolate chip cookies, playing football with Dad on Sundays, going to...oh wait, I must have mixed up my childhood with someone else's. (Joy Ride)
11. Megan, I too was once a gay. (But I'm A Cheerleader. Yes, yes, I know lots of people hate this movie, but I can't help but love its candy-coated cheesiness.)
12. When I was a kid my father warned me. He said Rachel, don't ever play cards with a Jewish dyke. They cheat! (Angel, aka the "High school honor student by day, Hollywood hooker by night" movie. It's utterly unapologetic trash, which accounts for the soft spot I hold in my heart for it.)
13. You're taking a picture of yourself at Ground Zero: do you smile? (Shortbus, the best movie I saw in 2007)
14. The summer I was 8 years old, five hours disappeared from my life. Five hours. Lost. Gone without a trace. (Mysterious Skin, which just missed being the best movie I saw in 2007 by a red pubic hair)
15. My friends, you bow to no one. (Lord of the Rings: Return of the King. God, did I BAWL!)