Monday, November 28, 2011

currants





...sorry, I'm a sucker for a good pun. (Or a bad one, evidently.)





Current outfit: Black ringer tee, jeans, sneakers, the usual undergarments.

Current perfume: Alien

Current video game: G and I just started Red Dead Redemption. It has a few annoying gameplay issues, but overall it's pretty ace. The backgrounds are absolutely gorgeous and the plot/voice acting are phenomenal. And just like Bully, you can play main character John Marston as a good guy or a bad guy. We're trying to err on the side of good and take bad guys into custody as opposed to shooting them outright, but there are just some folks who need killin'. For example, there was a scene where a group of bandits took a woman hostage, and when we caught up with them, the leader told us that they were going to take out their "lonesome" on her. Yeah, I didn't skimp on the headshots in that scenario.

Current book: V Is for Vengeance by Sue Grafton

Current show: Pardon the pun, but we mainlined episodes of The Wire over the holiday weekend. Damn, that's a good show. There was one scene that was so intense I actually shivered.

Current film: I have three discs on their way from Netflix, though two of them are "us" movies so I won't see them until next weekend. But the one I'll be watching once it arrives is The Future. Miranda July's first film, Me and You and Everyone We Know, is one of my favorite movies of all time, so I'm anxious to check out her sophomore effort. It might wind up being a little twee for my tastes (um, talking cat), but we'll see.

Current music: Much to my intense joy, and after literally decades of searching for it, I finally found an MP3 of "Something Sweet" by The Allies. It features prominently in one of my guiltiest pleasure movies, Angel, which had the tagline "High school honor student by day...Hollywood hooker by night!" An absolute 80's trash classic; I highly recommend it if you're into that kind of thing.

Anyway, the song is a sultry slice of new wave, and I'm thrilled to finally have it in my collection. To give you an idea of how long I've been looking, I asked for it in an actual RECORD STORE way back when. God bless the internet!

Current eats: I just had a PBJ sandwich. What I really want, however, is another Divine milk chocolate and spiced cookies candy bar. I bought one on impulse at Whole Foods and oh my god Jesus Christ. If you love gingerbread, meet your new obsession.

Current drink: Water.

Current wants: Another 4-day weekend; to find the perfect shoes to go with the dress I plan on wearing to my dad's wedding; for it to be 6:30PM; for my work computer to stop being a slow ass bitch; to adopt the gorgeous sweet kitty I played with at the shelter on Saturday

Current needs: Cleaning my bedroom; getting money changed before my trip so I don't have to get effed on the exchange rate at the airport; buying assorted items for my trip; refilling two prescriptions

Current worries: Assorted weird aches and pains; good ol' bastardy bills

Current obsessions: The Wire, when the library will get volume 9 of The Boys, and Red Dead Redemption. You can tell how obsessed I am with a video game by how often something in real life will remind me of it. For example, in RDR you must often kill and skin animals to sell their meat/hides. I find this particular mechanic a bit icky, especially since the screen splatters with blood while he's doing it, but it was the Old West and times were tough.

Anyway...

(PROBABLY UNNECESSARY DISCLAIMER: I love almost all animals and would never hurt one except in unusual circumstances, like to defend myself or someone else or if I was starving and had no other recourse.)

...I was taking my morning walk and saw a rabbit, and my first instinct was to press the L and R triggers.

Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek.