Monday, September 12, 2005

quotes for, like, the century

Denis Leary: "God. 'I'm just not happy, I'm just not happy! I'm just not happy because my life didn't turn out the way I thought it would.' Hey! Join the fucking club, okay? I thought I was going to be the starting center fielder for the Boston Red Sox. Life sucks, get a fucking helmet, all right? 'I'm not happy, I'm not happy.' Nobody's happy, okay? Happiness comes in small doses, folks. It's a cigarette, or a chocolate cookie, or a five-second orgasm. That's it! You cum, you eat the cookie, you smoke the butt, you go to sleep, you get up in the morning and you fucking go to work! That is it! End of fucking list! "





From The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon: "I do not like strangers because I do not like people I have never met before. It takes me a long time to get used to people I do not know. I just watch them until I know that they are safe. Then I don't mind if I am in the same room as them and don't have to watch them all the time."