Wednesday, November 23, 2005

muchos merci

It’s that time of year when I sit down, put aside all bitchiness and uncharitable thoughts, and reflect upon the things for which I’m grateful. Continue if you’d like, but be warned that the sap index is off the charts.



  • My brother’s car caught on fire yesterday while he was driving, and even though his car is totaled and he’s going to have a hell of a time scraping up the money to replace it, at least he escaped unharmed. Believe me, I spent a LOT of time last night offering up my gratitude to whatever powers may be.

  • My wonderful family and friends, who keep me sane, focused, honest, and feeling loved. Special mention goes to my heterosexual lifemate K, who makes me laugh at least four times a day.

  • G. I don't want to embarrass him by singing his praises, but let it be known that he is eighteen shades of awesome and the best thing to happen to me since I got a 2XL for my 7th birthday.

  • Thanks to restructuring, the future of my job is unclear, but at least I’m still employed for now. I don’t make a whole lot of money, that’s for sure, but I make enough to pay most of my bills and still have a little left over for booze, candy, and trashy magazines.

  • I'm still healthy.

  • Wad got fat.

  • Dr. Seuss said, “Be who you are, because those that matter don’t mind, and those that mind don’t matter.” I’m glad I finally learned to take this to heart.

  • I got to visit Japan again this year, and it was even better the second time around. I also got to go to Iceland and ride a pony!

  • K and I moved from our shithole apartment to a much nicer place that’s closer to work, Borders, and G…the three places I go the most. Seriously, I only have to buy gas every three weeks now.

  • I’ve got a roof over my head, a car to drive, a paycheck to cash, spore-free air to breathe, and food to eat.

  • ”Somehow, through a flip of the coin, I ended up here, feeling like somebody at the top of the heart-lung transplant recipient list. Damaged but invigorated, and fucking lucky.” (Augusten Burroughs)